A weld neck Flange, additionally known as high hub flange or flange having tapered hub, is obtainable in 2 styles particularly regular sort and long sort. The regular sort is beneficial with pipes whereas on the opposite hand, the long sort is beneficial in process plant systems. There’s a circular fitting in a very weld neck that features a protrusive flange at its boundary. Actually, these weld neck flanges bear typical butt weld process into a pipe and square measure machined from a shaping. The flange here has variety of drill holes which permit the other flange get fixed with the usage bolts.Weld neck flange square measure brought into use in hostile areas wherever there’s severe pressure, temperature and different trying forces. This sort of flanges gets its resilience after you share its stress with the pipe with that it’s welded. They’re a lot of doubtless to be helpful at pressures up to 5,000 psi.
Material Specifications of Weld Neck Flange
- Materials- steel (ASTM A one zero five and A 181), chrome steel (ASTM A 182 and A 240), steel (ASTM A 182 and GR F1, F11, F22, F5, F9, F91).
- Grade- Super Duplex chrome steel UNS S32750, F 304, 304L, 304H, 317, 347, 347H, , 316, 316L, 316Ti, 904L, Duplex chrome steel UNS S31803.
- Nickel Alloys- Monel four hundred & five hundred, alloy 600 & 625, Incolloy 800, 825, Hastelloy C22, C276.
- Copper Alloys- Copper, Brass & bronze.
- Size- 1/8″ NB TO 48″NB.
- Class- 900#, 1500# & 2500#, ANSI B16.5 category a hundred and fifty, ANSI B16.5 category three hundred, ANSI B16.5 category 600, ANSI B16.5 category 900, ANSI B16.5 category 1500, ANSI B16.5 category 2500.
- Standard- ANSI, ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47, DIN2566, DIN2573, DIN2642, DIN2655, DIN2576, DIN2641, DIN2632, DIN2633, DIN2634, DIN2635, DIN2628, DIN2629, DIN2638, DIN2673
How do Weld Neck Flange Work?
When the pipe is weld until the neck of the flange, these pipe flanges get akin. Further, this ends up in transmission of stress from the rim to pipe. Additionally to it, it reduces the gathering of stress at the bottom of the hub. Wide employed in areas of high, weld neck flange have a singular inner diameter that is intended with associate degree intention to match the pipes inner diameter. Duplex Supply manufactures weld neck flanges with a hub having size vary from 1/2″ through 96″ and additionally in alternative material grades, sizes and specifications that embrace chrome steel weld neck flanges, carbon weld neck flange and alloy weld neck flanges. As a matter of reality, weld neck flange area unit supplied with a raised face wherever the quality height is 1/16: fewer than 400#, flat face and RTJ facing.With the most effective warehouse and storage facilities, Duplex Supply has numerous weld neck flange hold on as outputs and prepared to ship anytime. Our company manufactures ANSI B16.5 weld neck flanges, ASME B16.47 Series “A” and B of weld neck flanges severally, pressure Vessel weld neck flange and additionally custom weld neck flange with shoppers demands.
- Commonest variety of high Flange
- Long tapered butt weld hub
- The within diameter of Flange matches the within diameter of the pipe used
- Most well-liked in associate degree setting with hot temperature conditions
In general, there is a unit 2 styles of weld neck flange specifically normal and long. Normal weld neck flange area unit helpful in Butt Weld Fittings whereas long weld neck flanges area unit helpful with vessel nozzles for columns or barrels and equipment’s. The flanges area unit in such manner as they match the pipe’s inner diameter. The rationale behind boring a flange to match the pipes inner diameter is simply to make sure sleek flow and scale back corrosion within the pipe. Because the name says, long weld neck flanges even have longer necks than the quality flanges.
Duplex Supply’s Weld neck Flange are helpful in applications at severe and demanding applications like high, extreme temperature, volatile and dangerous fluids and temperatures within the sub-zero vary.At Duplex supply, we offer customary connections in big selection of pressure rating sizes and categories that are consistent with ASME standards of ASME Section VIII Div.1 and ASME B16.5. Furthermore we have a tendency to additionally manufacture connections that match up to ASME Section VIII Div. 2 and additionally alternative specifications once specifications are offered. The opposite varieties of weld neck rims that Duplex Supply manufactures are Weld Neck Flat Face Flanges and lift Face Weld Neck Flange.